Self hosted Duckling server

Hi can anyone advise how to do a self hosted duckling server? i had downloaded the duckling files and run stack build. how do i host it on my own as my environment do not have network access. Do i just host the dist file on any hosting platform e.g. IIS then just point the ducklingURL to whatever URL that i have host?

1 Like

Hello @adrianyang88, it looks like you’re on the right path. Yes, if you built Duckling and run it, all is left is to change the ducklingUrl. Are you having some issues doing that? This is all the documentation we have: https://botpress.io/docs/build/nlu/#system-entities . If you still have issues, we’re gonna see if we can make it clearer.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @allardy, In my botpress, it still shows Mod[nlu] [native] [Error extracting duckling entities [error, connect ENETUNREACH 192.145.1.25:3001]. It dosen’t shows quack! like how i visit https://duckling.botpress.io instead it shows a Http Error 403.14 - Forbidden.

@adrianyang88 Then there is something wrong somewhere. Sorry, we don’t have extensive documentation about self-setup of duckling. What steps did you took?

Once duckling is built, you should have a file duckling-example-exe somewhere, if you run it, it should start the server

Hi @allardy
I have done all the steps of building the Duckling but when i run it i got this error.

Hi this is due to Windows does not have oslon’s timezones file which the program is made for linux.

you may want to see

or

if it can help your issues.

alternatively. you can use a docker image to host ur duckling server.

@adrianyang88 Thanks for the links, you are right about the missing files.

Running Duckling on windows is a bit complicated, but it works like a charm when it does :stuck_out_tongue:
If someone still has an issue using the above links, please let us know so we can work on that!

Hi i installed the duckling on my windows and it works like a charm as you sayed but how can I use it in my code that it will be able to detect dates ?

@Dejlaaa To use your local install, simply edit the file global/config/nlu.json and set the ducklingURL to your local path

@allardy I edit them both but i am trying to integrate it in my code any steps to follow or documentation or may be tuttos ??