No such table content_items

Hello guys!

After 2 weeks (exactly 14 days) of uptime, my bot throw an error when I send a message :

DialogEngine: select * from “content_items” where “id” = ‘builtin_text-xnEJNj’ - SQLITE_ERROR: no such table: content_items

Is it normal ? Does builtin-texts are managed in a JSON file and not in database ?

This issue seems to refer this : https://github.com/botpress/botpress/issues/497
Botpress (and all modules) v10.33.0

@xavierbriole, an error didn’t reproduce for my installations. But there was an error in sqlite connection code fixed recently (see https://github.com/botpress/botpress/issues/497). Would you still get an error after upgrading to latest botpress?

Hey!

Thanks for the response. I will see in the future if I still have this error :slight_smile:

Heyy is this solved for you with updates?

@nebdil I didn’t get this error since the fix

@xavierbriole thank you!!

Bad news. I got this error back with Botpress v10.46.2.
I think it’s when the bot has no interaction (at all) because I have another bot which have regular interactions and the same uptime (6 days) and I didn’t have this error on it.

:frowning:

2018-10-16 15:47:41error: [notification::botpress] DialogEngine: select * from "content_items" where "id" = 'builtin_single-choice-Qe6Pd9' - SQLITE_ERROR: no such table: content_items
2018-10-16 14:40:26
error: Text must be a valid string of less than 360 chars
Error: Text must be a valid string of less than 360 chars
at _callee6$ (/usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/@botpress/channel-web/bin/webpack:/src/api.js:217:13)
at tryCatch (/usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:65:40) at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (/usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:303:22)
at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:117:21)
at step (/usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/@botpress/channel-web/bin/node.bundle.js:1462:191)
at /usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/@botpress/channel-web/bin/node.bundle.js:1462:437
at new Promise (<anonymous>)
at /usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/@botpress/channel-web/bin/node.bundle.js:1462:99
at sendNewMessage (/usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/@botpress/channel-web/bin/webpack:/src/api.js:21:18)
at _callee2$ (/usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/@botpress/channel-web/bin/webpack:/src/api.js:141:13)
at tryCatch (/usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:65:40)
at Generator.invoke [as _invoke] (/usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:303:22)
at Generator.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/regenerator-runtime/runtime.js:117:21)
at step (/usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/@botpress/channel-web/bin/node.bundle.js:1462:191)
at /usr/share/nginx/html/bot/node_modules/@botpress/channel-web/bin/node.bundle.js:1462:361
at <anonymous>

I’m not sure the stack-trace relates to an error. But if you are able to reproduce it, please post an issue to github.

supposedly it is resolved in version 10.42.0, but I have version 10.43.0 and the same thing happens to me. Less often, but it’s still happening …
Maybe it has to do with the frequency of interaction, because I have the same version in production (with active users) as in stage (which can be quite inactive) and only happens in stage.
Any suggestion is welcome :)!

@alex I posted something on the github issue

It keeps happening again :pensive:

Is it that you are getting an issue at heroku?
Heroku doesn’t allow saving files into filesystem which is required for sqlite.

The bot concerned by this error is deployed in a docker container which run a node image on nginx

@xavierbriole, but are you using sqlite? Did you check whether that file is present within docker-container when you are getting an issue?

The bot is connected to a postgres database, I’ll check tomorrow if there’s files into generated/content folder

Ok right now builtins contents are ok in the folder generated/content but this bug occurs when the bot has no activity for a while. So i will wait for this and check at this moment if files are removed or not and I will let you know back