Installing modules

I am trying to install hitl and audience modules in Botpress 11. Using npm and yarn adds modules to

/node_modules

But when I fire up the app they dont appear in UI. tried converting to a .tgz then pasting in the modules dir with no luck.

Did you try to enable them by opening the file data/global/botpress.config.json in a text editor and setting the value to true ?

Yes, sorry my question was a bit sketchy. Let me describe exactly what I did when trying to add an instance of the HITL module.

Botpress Version: 11.2 Downloaded from [https://botpress.io/download](Official Botpress Website)
WORKFLOW

Created a .tgz instance of the HITL module using command

npm pack @builtins/hitl

in cd \botpress-ce-v11_2_0-win-x64\modules

Changed boolean in data/global/botpress.config.json as below:

{
      "location": "MODULES_ROOT/botpress-hitl-10.51.3",
      "enabled": true
    },

Fired up my bot (Using git-scm CLI) with command ./bp

Error Log

$ ./bp
15:41:40.870 Launcher ========================================
                        Botpress Server - Community Edition
                                   Version 11.1.0
                      ========================================
15:41:43.179 Launcher Using 5 modules
                      ? MODULES_ROOT/channel-web
                      ? MODULES_ROOT/nlu
                      ? MODULES_ROOT/botpress-hitl-10.51.3 (error)
                      ? MODULES_ROOT/qna
                      ? MODULES_ROOT/basic-skills
                      ? MODULES_ROOT/audience (disabled)
                      ? MODULES_ROOT/analytics
15:41:43.180 Launcher Error starting Botpress [VError, Fatal error loading module "MODULES_ROOT/botpress-hitl-10.51.3": Cannot find module 'C:\botpress-ce-v11_2_0-win-x64\modules\.cache\module__8af47f3fd8cb7e999a1e9c3c35a2ef9c9bcc2616da876a5a79c6cd349c332103']
----- STACK -----
VError: Fatal error loading module "MODULES_ROOT/botpress-hitl-10.51.3": Cannot find module 'C:\botpress-ce-v11_2_0-win-x64\modules\.cache\module__8af47f3fd8cb7e999a1e9c3c35a2ef9c9bcc2616da876a5a79c6cd349c332103'
    at C:\snapshot\build-windows\out\bp\bootstrap.js:0:0
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at fulfilled (C:\snapshot\build-windows\out\bp\bootstrap.js:0:0)
    at tryCatcher (C:\snapshot\build-windows\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
    at Promise.module.exports.Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\snapshot\build-windows\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:512:31)
    at Promise.module.exports.Promise._settlePromise (C:\snapshot\build-windows\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:569:18)
    at Promise.module.exports.Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\snapshot\build-windows\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:614:10)
    at Promise.module.exports.Promise._settlePromises (C:\snapshot\build-windows\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:694:18)
    at _drainQueueStep (C:\snapshot\build-windows\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:138:12)
    at _drainQueue (C:\snapshot\build-windows\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:131:9)
    at Async._drainQueues (C:\snapshot\build-windows\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:147:5)
    at Immediate.Async.drainQueues (C:\snapshot\build-windows\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:17:14)
    at runCallback (timers.js:696:18)
    at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:667:5)
    at processImmediate (timers.js:649:5)
    at process.topLevelDomainCallback (domain.js:121:23)

Any assistance will be appreciated @alex @sylvain @dmytropanontko @dmk23 .

Any luck with that? Did you find a solution?

Hi any updates on this ?

yes create module, edit to conform to bp server then use npm pack to generate tarball. Did it for an HITL variant just so I could peep at the chats during user acceptance tests and the code was quite minimal so I dont know if its worth implementing for all modules or we can wait for bp server upgrades which feature the desired modules

@DigiSenseiZim Would be awesome to share/contribute the missing steps used to create a new module from the documentation. https://botpress.io/docs/developers/create-module/

@DigiSenseiZim mind sharing how you did it? i was looking to implement HITL in botpress 11.x as well.