How to take input from user via form

How to make input form ?
Like Microsoft bot supports adaptive card and hero cards.

As far as I can see, there’s no such option except for login_prompt type.
For web you could try implementing webchat-extensions though.

What about html tags and buttons ?
How to trigger intent on button click?

webchat-extensions support html-tags and buttons.

How to trigger intent on button click?

You could try calling a function that you pass to webchat-extension for it.

@vinayak99999 We’re gonna release an update tomorrow, which will include custom components for the webchat. With these, you can create any type of form and handle user’s answer any way you want. If it doesn’t answers your requirements, we’d love to know what can be ameliorated.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello sir, Was this feature to create forms implemented? I would love to hear your feedback, + how to implement it .

Hello sir,
I hope you are doing well.
Thank you for responding to my questions. You have really helped me understand more about botpress.

I have a question, that i would really like for you to try on your end, Just to see if it is working correctly. Am sure this will take you afew minutes of your time, and i will appreciate any feedback.

I have been able to successfully setup the Custom-component example on my botpress

GitHub

botpress/botpress

:robot: The ultimate open-source conversational platform with built-in natural language processing (NLU), easy-to-use graphical interface and dialog manager :zap: - botpress/botpress

I did this installation to my botpress, so as to learn how to create a form.

Here’s where am stuck…

form%20question

From the screenshot, what does it mean to say

: Custom login form with configurable end point.
And what is the end point?

I gusss in simple terms my question is, where do i place the form?

Hi @kenkaigu , “custom-components” doesn’t do much out of the box, it’s only a sample on how it could be implemented (the endpoint is just a placeholder and doesn’t do anything).

It was just to show how you could configure some information in the content element, then use it on the component.

You can put all the logic & the login url on the custom component itself.

Basically, the content element “Login Form” just tells the webchat “load the component LoginForm from the module custom-components”.