How to enable Botpress Pro?

I followed the following steps to enable botpress pro, since I am planning to get a license

1. Downloaded latest Botpress v12.0.1 botpress-v12_0_1-win-x64.zip file launched it from powershell (administrator), also redirected output to out.log using bp > out.log command
  2. Navigated to Server License page and clicked Enable Pro & Reboot Server button
  3. In out.log file I get Error starting botpress... Cannot find module 'pro/services/pro.inversify' ( I tried manually restarting, but get the same exception) and the botpress server does not come up.

Full exception after restarting

Error starting botpress
{ Error: Cannot find module 'pro/services/pro.inversify'
1) If you want to compile the package/file into executable, please pay attention to compilation warnings and specify a literal in 'require' call. 2) If you don't want to compile the package/file into executable and want to 'require' it from filesystem (likely plugin), specify an absolute path in 'require' call using process.cwd() or process.execPath.
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:592:15)
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1280:46)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:518:25)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:648:17)
    at Module.require (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1159:31)
    at Module.rewire [as require] (C:\snapshot\build-windows\out\bp\sdk\rewire.js:0:0)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\snapshot\build-windows\out\bp\core\app.inversify.js:0:0)
    at Module._compile (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1254:22)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:711:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:610:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:549:12)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:541:3)
    at Module.rewire [as require] (C:\snapshot\build-windows\out\bp\sdk\rewire.js:0:0) code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND', pkg: true }
Cannot find module 'pro/services/pro.inversify'
1) If you want to compile the package/file into executable, please pay attention to compilation warnings and specify a literal in 'require' call. 2) If you don't want to compile the package/file into executable and want to 'require' it from filesystem (likely plugin), specify an absolute path in 'require' call using process.cwd() or process.execPath.
---STACK---
Error: Cannot find module 'pro/services/pro.inversify'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:592:15)
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1280:46)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:518:25)
    at Module.rewire [as require] (C:\snapshot\build-windows\out\bp\sdk\rewire.js:0:0)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\snapshot\build-windows\out\bp\core\app.inversify.js:0:0)
    at Module._compile (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1254:22)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:711:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:610:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:549:12)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:541:3)

What am I doing wrong here?

Seems like you’re doing nothing wrong, I suspect the Windows build might be broken for this version. I’ll double check with a team member that runs windows and get back to you.

Tested the binary on Linux and OSX though and worked fine.

Confirmed the issue with 12.0.1 on Windows 64bits. We’ll issue a patch (12.0.2) to fix that. Sorry for the inconvenience!

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation, please help me with the following

1. Is there any ETA for 12.0.2 with this fix?
  2. If point #1 is going to take some time, is it still possible to buy license and enable pro in windows system now?
  3. Please help me in understanding the deployment of a bot for others to evaluate in my organization (apart from my dev env) and upgrading bot from older 11.x to 12.x version Deploying and upgrading botpress v11x to v12 understanding
  1. ETA is today for 12.0.2
  2. You won’t be able to purchase Pro from 12 – please reach out to jbernard@botpress.io for licensing and we’ll sort it out quickly
  3. Will answer the other post!