Can I please get help configuring DialogFlow (v11.5.1)?

I’m trying to figure out how to set up DialogFlow as the NLU provider, and I suspect I’m not looking in the right place.

I’ve found some documentation here, but based on the tag, it looks like it’s out of date?: https://github.com/botpress/botpress/tree/archive/10.x/packages/functionals/botpress-nlu#dialogflow

I’ve also looked at the two examples in the latest 11.5.1 version in the data/global/hooks/before_incoming_middleware/builtin folder (.05_recast_nlu.js and .06_rasa_nlu.js) which seem reasonably straight forward, but don’t seem like the full picture based on the documentation above.

Specifically, I’m trying to figure out:

• Given the DialogFlow v2 api uses OAuth tokens, how would I go about implementing authentication in the middleware? Is there an existing way to do this, or should I look to google npm packages for a way to do this?
  • In the above documentation, DialogFlow synchronisation is marked as not-supported. Is this still the case? If so, is there somewhere I can look to potentially implement the sync myself?

Apologies if I’ve totally missed some crucial documentation…!

1 Like

I can’t integrate DialogFlow into the current version 11.8 either. Have you solved the problem yourself and can you help me?

I dont think creating a dialogflow connector is anywhere on the to-do list since Botpress has its own nlp. However, you can open a PR, I don’t think that would hurt anyone and throw in a skeleton of your code so far to give us fellow devs somewhere to start in helping you out.

Thanks for offering to revise my code. I don’t understand at all how to do that. Unfortunately, this great project has no heart for beginners.
The only ray of hope are the excellent videos of Artyom Vorobyov.

1 Like